Nothing says summer like the smell of sweet coconut. Indulge your whole self in a tropical, skin-smoothing treatment that will exfoliate, moisturize and nourish your skin.
The sugar in this mask acts as a physical exfoliant, whisking away dead skin cells, while the enzymes in the pineapple help to dissolve the "glue" between dead skin cells, freeing them up to escape. Coconut oil and coconut cream give your skin a tropical, fragrant dose of moisture. And the optional coconut extract just smells really lovely.
Tropical Piña Colada Scrub/Mask
2 T crushed pineapple
2 T full-fat coconut cream
1 T coconut oil
1/2 t coconut extract (optional)
1/2 c organic brown or cane sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and use immediately.
- Apply the scrub to damp skin (after leaving the shower) and massage your body in gentle circular motions, until the sugar begins to dissolve, leaving a nice, creamy body mask behind.
- Wrap yourself in an old sheet, then cover yourself with a warm blanket (you may need help with this step, unless you are Houdini).
- Relax for 15-20 minutes to allow the mask to work its magic.
- Rinse off in the shower with warm water, taking care not to slip. Gently towel dry and apply your favorite body oil or lotion.