Whenever my daughters and I go on adventures in the woods, we take along little bags with us to gather nature’s treasures along the way—sticks, bark, stones, feathers and moss. When we return, we use the treasures to decorate our home or save them for later to adorn houses for our local fairies.
These bags full of nature’s goodies inspired me to create these herbal “treasure” bags for our baths. The contents, like the outdoors, can change with the seasons or to address specific physical or emotional states.
Some beautiful additions may include:
- Dried or fresh herbs
- Sea Salt
- Epsom Salt
- Baking soda (for its softening properties)
- Powdered cow, goat or coconut milk
- Soap shavings
- Shea or cocoa butter
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil
- Drizzles of honey or nourishing oil
- Stones or crystals (for infusing their energy into your bath)
- Small talismans (for infusing energy into your bath)
- Small pieces of paper with a poem or other inspirational message (for infusing energy into your bath)
- Fill a small muslin drawstring bag (or cheesecloth) with your desired combination of treasures.
- Secure the bag to your faucet, turn on warm water and let it flow through the contents, infusing them into the bath. Slip into the tub with a cup of tea and lounge in the loveliness you have created!
The following is a nice treasure bag blend for dry, itchy skin. Chamomile and calendula act as an anti-inflammatory while the oatmeal helps to soothe itchiness. The goat milk and shea butter help to moisturize skin.
Dry Skin Fairy Treasure Bath Bag Mix
For a relaxing bath bag, you might include lavender buds or lavender essential oil. Or, for an uplifting blend, you could try dried peppermint with a few drops of grapefruit or tangerine essential oil.
• 3 tablespoons oatmeal
• 2 tablespoons dried calendula
• 1 tablespoon dried chamomile
• 1 tablespoon powdered goat milk
• 1 teaspoon shea butter
• 3 drops Roman chamomile essential oil
Now, get creative! Gather up your own treasures to create your own Fariy Treasure Bath Bags. Please let me know what you put in yours!