Juicing can be a great addition to your skin care routine. It gives you a concentrated dose of plant phytonutrients, antioxidant vitamins, enzymes and minerals that help to nourish your skin cells and protect them from free radical damage. There are infinite combinations for skin-loving juice blends, but this is one of my favorite juice recipes for skin health.
- Beets and parsley have been recognized as liver cleansers. A burdened liver can display as skin issues, as the skin tries to assist with handling the toxic load. Taking the raw juice of beets and parsley internally can help your body excrete toxins that can contribute to skin conditions, such as acne.
- Carrots contain caretenoids, which help protect skin from inflammation and the breakdown of collagen.
- Celery is wonderfully cleansing and detoxifying and contains silica, which is a trace mineral that supports healthy skin and hair.
- Apple is high in antioxidants that promote healthy skin.
- Lemon juice is cleansing and detoxifying and also assists the liver in functioning optimally.
I recommend drinking this juice once a week for clear, glowing skin, using produce that is as fresh as possible.
2 organic beets
2 large stalks organic celery
1 large organic carrot
2 organic apples
1 bunch organic parsley
1/2 organic lemon
Run the beets, celery, carrot, apple and parsley through your juicer. Add the juice of the 1/2 lemon and enjoy!